[BRLTTY] Android app?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Apr 20 14:42:16 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Dietmar Segbert on 2013/04/20 at 17:02 +0200]

>i can tell you, that i can go to settings without a crash.
>I can add a device. The Alva BC640 will be autodetect.

Do you mean using USB?

>I add a device with blutooth and drivers alva bc 640.

Do you mean a second device entry, so that now you have one for USB and another
for Bluetooth?

>But brltty did not connect to the alva bc 640. I have restarted the nexus4
>and brltty but without success.

Did you select the device you wish brltty to use? At the moment, you have to
tell it which of the added devices to use (via Selected Device).

We've been discussing if, instead, brltty should look for all added devices
rather than the user having to select a specific one. What's your opinion on
this?

>In linux i have the follwing line in brltty.conf
>
>braille-device usb:,bluetooth:00:A0:96:229:C2:B2
>
>I start brltty with a line braille-device usb:bluetooth:

Do you mean you start it this way on Linux?

If you're actually passing the device specification on the command line then
you need to use the -d option. Also, bluetooth: without an address is invalid.

>brltty will not connect to my alva bc640.

If, after selecting your device, brltty will still not connect to it, then I'd
like to see a log. Before you capture the log, though, please go into Advanced
Settings and set the Log Level to Debug. Then (a current restriction) restart
brltty.