[BRLTTY] Disconnecting a usb device.

Anders Holmberg anders at pipkrokodil.se
Sun Apr 21 02:10:41 EDT 2013

Hi!
I have a huge problem with brltty.
When i use windows in vmware player under linux i can not use the braille display i use.
Brltty doesn't release the device for some reason.
There's an option in the vmware player to connect and disconnect usb devices or other devices from the host and connect it to the guest operating system.
However brltty does not release the device and want to re-establish a connection with the braille device.
I've tried to killall brltty with no luck.
THe release device seems not to work either.
So what do i do?
Keep on using windows with speech or is there ways to get brltty to understand the release command from vmware player?
I can say that this has worked fine in earlier versions of brltty.
/A