[BRLTTY] A friend on the Eyes-Free Android list needs help

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 22 11:05:09 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Mallard on 2013/04/22 at 16:26 +0200]

>Alright,  I have brailleconnect up and running.  I've got the input
>service turned on.  So far, brltty has crashed twice, once trying to
>connect the display, and again trying to switch to it's input service
>for braille entry.

Did he capture logs for these crashes? Without a log, it's not possible to know
what the problem is, and, without knowing what the problem is, it's not
possible to know what to fix.

>I've got my tables set to english canadian (never even new there was
>such a thing, but nice of them to recognize that we speak english
>too)

The English Canadian text table also shows French, German, and Italian accented
letters correctly.

>Unfortunately my display is still showing grade 1 braille which is slowing me
>down.  Also, I wasn't able to find a keybindings tab in the brltty settings.
>So, I'm clueless as to what functions are associated with my braille display.

The bindings are all documented online. He can find them by going to brltty's
web site, clicking on Documentation, and then clicking on Drivers.

It might be easier for him to join this list so that we can talk with him
directly. And, to reiterate, if he has them, I'd sure like to see logs for
those crashes.