[BRLTTY] android who can i enable contraction

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Apr 27 04:50:34 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Dietmar Segbert on 2013/04/27 at 08:55 +0200]

>how can i enable a contraction table?

You need to enable six-dot braille. This can always be done via the menu,
except that, on Android, the menu doesn't work yet (on my to-do list, though).
For now, therefore, you can only do it if your particular braille device has a
binding for the six-dot braille feature. I'm not sure which type of braille
device you're using else I'd look it up for you. You can go to brltty's web
site, though. Click on Documentation, then on drivers, and finally on your
device.

>I have choicen a contraction table in the "general setting" menu and
>restart the phone, but nothing happens.

You don't need to restart the phone, although that may be easier. All you need
to do is to stop/start brltty. Even this shouldn't be necessary, and is also on
my todo list.

>Is there a daily build of the android apk?

No, there isn't. Perhaps I'll set that up when, in a few days, I get back to
general Android development. For now, my time is split between working on a
driver for the B2G device and being with my wife as she under-goes a series of
extremely strong, day-long, chemo therapy treatments.