[BRLTTY] Punctuation level problem

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Tue Apr 30 20:50:54 EDT 2013

Hello,

today I updated to the recent Brltty version from svn repo. I observed some changes with the
speech punctuation level. In the Brltty settings I've set it to "some.
Up to now Brltty read all chars if I've navigated char by char for example with the speech cursor or
the left and right arrow keys. The "some" setting only was used for example on reading whole
lines. But now the punctuation marks aren't spoken at all.

A good example is the ".". If I read a text I don't want to hear every "." cause this disturbs the
reading flow. But if I review, what I've typed in an e-mail by using the left and right arrow keys I
need to know every char. At the moment I've only the choice to speak all chars, which is far to much
on reading texts or stay on "some" but then some chars stay silent and I don't know which one I
typed.

Is that a Brltty or an Espeak problem and if it's Brltty related would it be possible to fix it?

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Eric
speak chars like " , and ]