[BRLTTY] New release coming soon.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 15 08:14:08 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2013/12/15 at 13:32 +0100]

>I removed the patch and updated to rev 8243 but the problem is still there.

Wheat did you remake? Just the brltty executable, or also the drivers?

>I don't know if it helps but anyway, here is my full Brltty config:
>braille-driver bm
>braille-device usb:
>text-table de
>speech-driver es
>speech-parameters es:voice=de,es:maxrate=800,es:punctlist=/-.{}
>key-table laptop

That looks okay.

>And I've added the following lines in the kbd-laptop.kbd file, directly above the menu key
>combinations:
>bind ShiftRight MUTE
>bind ShiftLeft MUTE
>bind ControlRight+ShiftRight+!ArrowDown         NXPROMPT
>bind ControlRight+ShiftRight+!ArrowUp   PRPROMPT
>bind CapsLock+!j                ASPK_INS_CHARS

Should we look into including them?

>Anything else I can tell you about my system and configuration?

At this point, I'd just like to be absolutely sure that you're using a fully
up-to-date eSpeak driver as well.

>What is to do if I want to run Brltty without Espeak driver? Is it enough to
>disable "automatic speech" in the Brltty Menu?

No. The best way is to add the option -sno.