[BRLTTY] Focus 40 Blue Suppport

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 16 15:39:41 EST 2013

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on 2013/12/16 at 03:54 -0600]

>Every once in a whºile brltty seems to send something to the Focus 40 Blue
>tºhatº ºcauses it to display its statuºs messaºge and become unresponsive.
>Tºhºe only way I can get ºout ºof thºis is toº tuºrºn thºe computer off. Any
>suggestions?

Is this happening with the new development code or with an official release of
brltty? If an official release, then which one?

Is this occurring when you're using USB or Bluetooth?

If with USB, have you treid disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable?

>I have picked out the en-us-g2.ctb table for Grade 2 Braille. However, every
>time I reboot contracted Braille is turned off and I have tº go into the
>preferences menu to pick the table again. Is there any way to make the
>selection permanent?

Either run brltty with the -cen-us-g2 option, or add "contraction-table
en-us-g2" (without the quotes and all on one line) to brltty.conf.

>A final comment: braille support in Orca is very poor. It doesn't even recognize characters typed on the braille keyboard.

That'll have to be taken up with the Orca people.