[BRLTTY] Permanent line marks

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Dec 21 05:57:35 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2013/12/21 at 11:31 +0100]

>in the past we already discussed the feature to make the set line marks permanent. I want to bring
>this up again with another proposal. What about defining a additional key binding to save the line
>mark? So the key table could look like:
>
>[...]
>bind CapsLock+!One GOTOMARK+1
>bind CapsLock+ShiftLeft+!One SETMARK+1
>bind CapsLock+ControlLeft+ShiftLeft+!One SETPERMANENTMARK+1
>[...]

Would it mean save plus write to disk, or would it mean write what's already
been saved there to disk?

Right now, the marks are per screen. Do you see the permanent ones as being per
screen, or just restored to all screens?

>My motivation for this: I easily want to jump to the vim status line but at the moment I have to define this
>mark after every Brltty restart.

Isn't the vim status line always at the bottom (in which case, the BOT command
would do), or is it that you want to jump to some indented part of that line?

>And I must restart Brltty relatively often to change the speech synthesizer
>language.

Do we need a way to switch language without having to restart brltty?

How complicated is switching languages? What are all the things you find you
need to change when doing so?