[BRLTTY] Permanent line marks

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Dec 21 16:35:00 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2013/12/21 at 19:09 +0100]

>>How complicated is switching languages? What are all the things you find you
>>need to change when doing so?
>
>I use the espeak synthesizer for all languages. So I change the synthesizer language and speed. At
>the moment I have two brltty.conf files, one for German and another for English.
>German: speech-parameters es:voice=de,es:maxrate=800,es:punctlist=/-.{}
>English: speech-parameters es:voice=en-us,es:maxrate=470,es:punctlist=/-.}{
>Cause of the maxrate parameter I don't have to enter the Brltty menu to change the speed of the speech output.
>Maybe you can switch that internally and bind it to a key combination.

What about switching the text and/or contraction table? I'm trying to get a
feel for what a proper language switching facility would need to support.

By the way: Another item I may get to soon is allowing the text and contraction
talbes to be specified as a comma-delimited list. If only one table is
specified then the menu would show the whole list. If, however, more thaone
table is specified then the menu would show only those tables. That should make
it easier for those who routinely switch between a specific set of tables. Do
you think that'd be a useful feature?