[BRLTTY] Permanent line marks

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Dec 22 14:39:59 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2013/12/22 at 18:34 +0100]

>So in my opinion it would be the easiest way to officially do, what I'am
>already practicing: let the user define multiple brltty.conf files for
>different settings. Advantage is, that the user can define what he wants and
>so is very free in creating profiles. This includes all speech output
>settings, text and contraction options and more like choosing the key table.
>You only have to define a key combination to switch between them and after
>that reread the config file.

What about having a place in the menu to pick the brltty.conf file so you don't
need to restart brltty?

>>Another alternative might be to just make all marks persistent. If we do that,
>>should they be saved immediately, should they be only saved when the
>>preferences are saved, or when? Also, would we then need a delete mark command?
>
>Depends how others use the marks. Maybe the best solution for that is: don't touch the currently
>implemented SETMARK and GOTOMARK functions but create the following new ones:
>1. Make all marks permanent. This function saves all currently set marks to disk.
>2. Reset all marks. Here all marks are set to line one again.
>If you don't want to save the marks nothing changes for you. But I can mark my wished lines one by
>one with the Capslock+ShiftLeft+!One-!Four shortcut and when I'am satisfied I make them permanent.

But is there any harm in SETMARK just saving them?

>By the way: Brltty still runs without braille and speech issues, very good.

Excellent! Thanks. Though I'm not a speech user myself, I still left eSpeak
running for a couple of days just to see if I'd hear any more odd characters as
well.