[BRLTTY] Is the Cygwin brltty package useful?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 20:47:59 EST 2013

Hi Samuel,

I've used the Cygwin binaries a bit and found them helpful, though they
didn't work very well. Last I remember, when I went into 6-dot mode to use
grade 2 brltty would crash.

Now I don't use brltty on Cygwin at all because I can't get the USB support
to work and share the device with Jaws. Even if it doesn't share it with
Jaws I don't know whether it worked with brltty as getting Jaws braille back
was my only priority at the time. That affects all versions of brltty,
including the ones I build from the tarball. I do use brltty-ctb to
translate text but Jaws braille has to do the actual display, a situation I
very much regret.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll