[BRLTTY] Choosing the right Braille display

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Feb 7 23:13:03 EST 2013

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I've thought about that, android Braille support is a bit lacking
> currently.
> In terms of IOS though I suppose having the Braille display might be
> useful, but I guess its still just as portable as carrying around a
> physical querty bluetooth keyboard, though you do get the bennefit of Braille
> output :)

Yes, two devices give you braille and everything that can be had from a modern
phone.

I'm not interested in Apple products currently - Android is much more
interoperable with Linux and it doesn't involve Apple's "walled garden" and
tight control over the entire hardware and software system. I know there are
people who really like that idea, but I don't.

Android-related improvements have been entering the BRLTTY repository lately,
so the "not good currently" assessment won't be true for long, if indeed it's
true now.