[BRLTTY] tracking

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Feb 8 02:11:05 EST 2013

Rob Hudson <captinlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to turn off cursor tracking in irssi so that only the chat output
> shows up on the display rather than it going away while typing and me having
> to hit the line-up hotkey after every enter press. Is there a hotkey that
> can do this while in irssi, or can i set one up?

There are two BRLTTY commands: CSRTRK+off and CSRTRK+on which should be
assigned to keys or key combinations on your display.

The first command turns cursor tracking off, and the second turns cursor
tracking back on (after moving the display window to the cursor's location).

On my Baum display, these commands are bound, respectively, to display key 3
and display key 1. Look up the BRLTTY help file for your display to obtain the
details.

I hope this is what you're looking for. If not, so far as I know there isn't
anything more elaborate available, but pressing a key to turn off cursor
tracking and another to re-enable it should be quick and easy, and it should
solve your problem.