[BRLTTY] Handling data flow diagrams and system flow charts

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Sat Feb 9 13:28:55 EST 2013

Do you think maxima could be used for network diagrams?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Dalton [mailto:d.dalton at iinet.net.au]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 6:48 PM
To: lsmithso at hare.demon.co.uk
Cc: Alex Midence; Informal discussion between...; Liz Hare; emacspeak; orca-list at gnome.org
Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] Handling data flow diagrams and system flow charts

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 04:24:40PM +0000, lsmithso at hare.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Was the OP after some way of making diagrams  accessable or spoken?

Yes. Braille is also another option, which I used for ascii graphs in high school from maxima.

Anything more complex I'm not sure how useful that approach is.

The other issue is getting drawings into ascii in the first place...
> I'd be very interested to learn how R, gnuplot etc can help to do
> that. Any info gratefully received.

What is R?

Well I used maxima which used gnuplot to develop graphs. So that worked pretty well because I could get an idea of the graph with the Braille display.

I think gnuplot is more designed for drawing graphs and functions rather than rawing project management diagrams. Some please correct me if I'm wrong though.

Cheers,
Dan