[BRLTTY] Handling data flow diagrams and system flow charts

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 11 02:11:42 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 01:38:17PM -0700, J. R. Westmoreland wrote:
> It would be great if it worked but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. You
> almost need a way to print htem on paper to really get the layout. I took a
> transcribers course on producing graphics a number of years ago but don't
> recall all the details. I know that my embosser will do graphics if you send

Yes, paper is by far the easiest, but if you're good with moving the
Braille display about and forming a picture in you're mind based on what
you have seen and what is shown on the display, the maxima dumb plot is
useful.
Essentially it's just a text based drawing using ascii character to show
the shapes on the diagram. Very good for graphs etc. I used this as my
CAS solution in high school math. It worked well to get an overview of
say the graph I need to sketch in the calc access exam or even in
classes to picture what the teacher had drawn on the board.

Got a bit messy when you have more than 2 graphs though.