[BRLTTY] Bluetooth and Brailliant BI

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 20 23:23:14 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2013/02/20 at 21:40 +1100]

>Today I attempted to connect my Brailliant BI via bluetooth with
>brltty. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work. I pared the device using
>bluetooth gui manager in gnome. Next I ran brltty as
>brltty -d bluetooth:address
>Unfortunately it never connected. Is bluetooth yet implemented for
>humanware Brailliant BI 40 device with brltty?
>
>Here is some info from syslog while trying to connect:
>
>Feb 20 21:03:27 vostro-3350 brltty[5107]: RFCOMM connect error 52: Invalid exchange.

I haven't seen this one before. The error would be occurring between the kernel
and the device. My immediate guess is that the driver is trying to communicate
with the device using the wrong RFCOMM channel. Could you please post the
output of:

   sdptool browse <address>

Attaching a file containing the output would be best.