[BRLTTY] USB support on Active Braille

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Jan 15 05:36:41 EST 2013

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> [Dave]
>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2013/01/14 at 11:53 +0100]
>>
>> >With recent svn versions of BRLTTY, there is something horrible wrong
>> >with the USB support on Handy Tech Active Braille. The braille display
>> >isn't updated unless you press a key on the display itself. So if brltty
>> >is started and you type something at the command line prompt, the typed
>> >text isn't on the display untill you press a key on the display.
>>
>> Are you able to determine which revision introduces the problem?
>
> Hm. Actually, I don't know if it ever has worked, maybe it has. I
> tried the official Fedora build of BRLTTY 4.3, and the problem was
> present.

When I implemented the Active Braille support approximately a year ago,
it definitely worked flawlessly.  Unfortunately, I have not written down
which Firmware version I used, but it must have been something quite
early.  I will (hopefully) get access to an Active Braille tomorrow
evening.  I will report back with more details once I have access to
real hardware.
Why are you using unofficial firmware in the first place?  Are you
trying to fix another problem you have, or are you just curious and not
fond of a working display? :-)

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'