[BRLTTY] Compilation 4.4 on ubuntu

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 21 14:23:56 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Devoyon, Guillaume on 2013/01/18 at 15:58 +0000]

>When we try to run, speech is working, braille interface is recognize but it is not working. It remain "blank".
>
>I get a log and saw errros. I googled a bit with no real solution. If you have a suggestion.

It'd be helpful if you could mention which errors are concerning you so that
we don't have to guess.

>brltty: Screen Parameter: charset=name+...

It looks like this template line may have been uncommented in "brltty.conf".

>brltty: unknown EuroBraille protocol: esysiris

This one looks like it's because the EuroBraille protocol naming scheme changed
a release or two ago. Look in "brltty.conf" for a line that probably looks like
this:

   braille-parameter eu:protocol=esysiris

Then change "esysiris" to "esys".

>brltty: cannot get input device identity: fd=11: Ioctl() inappropré pour un périphérique

These warnings are okay. They occur when brltty is checking for keyboard
devices. They can occur if the input device being checked isn't a keyboard.