[BRLTTY] Interacting with common braille-refreshable-display devices : General clarification

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 18:51:46 EDT 2013

Sir,

I am trying to enhance a software with some limited accessibility features.
I would like to  programmatically achieve

1) Convert english/foreign language sentences to Braille-text and show on
common Braille-refreshable-devices.
2) Capture actions and text from Braille-refreshable-device by the user.
3) No other extensive capabilities are required as provided by JAWS, ORCA
 NVDA etc.
Note that display, speech, menu-navigation etc are not required.
4) Need to do it mainly from a windows system and optionally from a Linux
system
5) Programming language preference is c or c++

Can you please suggest whether using BrlAPI is the right way to go. What
are the options I should looks for to get the above task done.  I would be
grateful for any help and direction.

Thanks & Regards,
Siju Samuel