[BRLTTY] Version and protocol mismatch

Kuro Maii kurolist at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 29 15:05:41 EDT 2013

I was using the gnome gui, I just tested it on tty1 and I only had input
from the 8 dot key's.
there was no output on the cells them selfs.
this all may or may not have something to do with the device in it self
as it is some what aged. ( I am borrowing it from a friend so I can
learn braille in a dynamic way. )

I am using the latest version ( 4.5 ) from source.
so if I am understanding this correct, if I want to use brltty from my
graphical environment, say sublime text, I will need to write a python
script to interface with the api?

thanks ahead for any help,
Kuro Maii

--
as real as a world may seem,
there is always another that fits the word "real" better when you wake up.