[BRLTTY] alva bc640 not workingoneither usb or bluetooth

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed May 1 11:15:27 EDT 2013

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2013/05/01 at 01:51 -0400]
>
> Okay, I'm going to assume that the one which ends in fp is the feature pack and
> that the one which doesn't end in fp is the braille display.
>
> >When I do the one without I get the following:
> >May  1 01:35:51 ccs brltty[8526]: BRLTTY 4.5 rev Unversioned directory [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
>
> I guess you used "svn export". If you use "svn checkout" then it should show
> the actual revision number.
I did  just a download of the .tar file.

> >May  1 01:36:01 ccs brltty[8527]: RFCOMM connect error 16: Device or resource busy.
> >May  1 01:36:16 ccs last message repeated 52 times
>
> Is it possible that some other process is already connected to the device? For
> example, you were testing earlier with bluez-test. Might that connection still
> 1be up, or, perhaps, might you have another brltty running? Did you enter the
> device's address into any data file(s)? Did you do any testing with the rfcomm
> command?
I just paired it and trusted the pairing.  I was told to do a connect,
which it said I had to do once only, but I was never successful at doing
that.  I have not used the rfcomm command.  I did enter the address into
a file for the pin code and the system knew enough to pair the device.
So should I use the one for the Braille display or the featurepack?  I
would assume the Braille display, if I read the manual correctly.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com