[BRLTTY] Metec BD Issue

Zezo Tarek zezo_tam at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:28:32 EDT 2014

Greetings all,

I am trying to use a Metec Braille Display with BRLTTY on linux using USB, but unfortunately I get this error

BRLTTY 5.1 rev BRLTTY-5.1 [http://brltty.com]
brltty: Linux Screen Driver:
brltty: BrlAPI Server: release 0.6.2
brltty: another BrlAPI server is already listening on 0 (file /var/lib/BrlAPI/.0 exists)
brltty: error while creating socket 0
brltty: USB control transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
brltty: USB bulk transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
brltty: NoSpeech Speech Driver:
brltty: USB control transfer error 32: Broken pipe.
brltty: USB bulk transfer error 32: Broken pip

after running this command

/bin/brltty -n

in the brltty.conf file. I uncommented those lines only

text-table    en_US    # English (United States)
braille-device    usb:        # First USB device matching braille driver.
braille-driver    mt    # Metec

Here is the line of the device after running lsusb

Bus 002 Device 025: ID 0452:0100 Mitsubishi Electronics America, Inc.

also attached is the output of lsusb -v command

Although the device  works fine on windows, and here is its driver, dll, and a C++ code for testing for windows  (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c95u9ufnjsw3ml9/HGyOetGehZ)

Can anyone help please,

Thanks in advance,