[BRLTTY] How to find Unicode characters and change their grade 2 translation?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Apr 11 13:04:07 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2014/04/11 at 10:10 -0400]

>The problem with "o'clock" is that the contraction isn't being used;
>clock is being spelled out.

The problem, in this case, has to do with the fact that the contractions are
defined using specific character sequences. I could try modifying the code to
use some kind of equivalent character scheme, but the drawback may be a
significant loss in efficiency since every character would have to be analyzed
in such a way.

>The "***sp;am***" (approximately) is in the subject lines of _some
>of_ your responses.

We think the problem was that the virus scanner, which is separate from the
spam scanner, didn't know that my connection was authenticated. Please reply to
this message so that we can test a change which should hopefully have resolved
this problem.

>It also likes to run words together.

That might just be my own typing. I've noticed myself doing that on occasion.
Perhaps I'm just not hitting the space bar hard enough sometimes.