[BRLTTY] question about Jaws support

Adi Kushnir adikushnir at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 06:41:59 EDT 2014

Hello,
I think that would be impossible. Freedom Scientific, for security
reasons, signs every Braille display driver in order for it to be
worked with JAWS. This is in order to avoid crashes, compatibility
issues and things like that. JAWS has it's Braille support of it's
own, and it's fantastic in my opinion. If a specific Braille display
you use does not work with JAWS, contact your maniafacturer and ask
them to partisipate in the Freedom Scientific's secure and compatible
Braille display initiative. Since BRLTTY is an OpenSource solution, I
don't think Freedom Scientific wil accept it.

Best,

Adi.

> Hi all,
>
> I am Istvan Velegi, a 21-year-old student from Hungary. Currently I
> learn IT engineering at a local university.
> As I learn programming, I am interested in how it would be possible to
> write a special driver for Jaws which communicates with brltty,
> similarto NVDA.
>
> Do you know something about how it could be done?
>
> Greetings,
> Istvan

Regards,

Adi Kushnir.