[BRLTTY] brltty on Ubuntu 14.04

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Apr 25 19:44:58 EDT 2014

John J. Boyer <john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com> wrote:
> I didn't have a braille display connected. As soon as I connected one
> through USB brltty started and recognized it. Now I just have to find
> out how to get to a virtual console, since that is where I do most of my
> work.

Virtual consoles can be accessed with alt-ctrl-F1, alt-ctrl-F2, Alt-ctrl-F3
etc., from your X session. If you're already in a virtual console, it's simply
Alt-f1, Alt-F2 etc.

The X Window System takes over one of your virtual consoles, traditionally
tty7, but in some distributions it's now tty1 instead. In that case you'll
have to use tty2, tty3 etc., and leave tty1 for the graphical desktop.