[BRLTTY] Focus 40 Blue and brltty 5.0

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 29 01:17:32 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 01:05:58PM EST, John J. Boyer wrote:
> yes, but suppoosing I install the latest release of brltty what hapens
> if Ubuntu later updates to that release? Wouldn't there be a conflict
> with the Ubuntu package?

For the record, the policy for Ubuntu is to not update to a new upstream release of a package in a stable release, however important bug fixes can be pushed out as a stable release update.

I must admit the buggy FS driver for 5.0 slipped through the cracks, and I missed the bug fixes, so what I can do is get a stable release update pushed out for brltty with those bug fixes included only.

If you haven't already, plesae file a bug on launchpad against brltty, and we can take things from there.

Luke