[BRLTTY] Brltty Improvements

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 5 22:32:11 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Victor Lawrence on 2014/02/05 at 14:38 -0800]

>I would like to be able to input information and access all of the
>features of my computer and the operating system

That's not a new feature. That's what brltty strives to do. Is there something
you find that you're unable to do, and that an enhancement to brltty would
resolve?

>using the Focus 40 Blue keyboard.

Support for the Focus 40 Blue was added (I believe) about four years ago in
release 4.2 of brltty. Which release of brltty are you using?

>Also, I've noticed that when using Firefox with Orca, some websites
>such as Facebook load very slowly.  I'm hoping that brltty has
>overcome that particular problem.

That wouldn't be a brltty issue. It'd either be an Orca or a Firefox issue. It
could also be that your hardware may be a bit slow for the demands of
modern-day web browsing. Yet another possibility is that some of those sites
may contain poorly written JavaScript.