[BRLTTY] Modifying the Hebrew table

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 23 15:32:55 EST 2014

Hi Adi,

Be sure to test every single change you make. (I speak from bitter
experience.) To do this, edit the files in /etc/brltty. Save the file you've
edited, restart brltty and make sure it does what you want. When you're
satisfied copy the files into Tables in the brltty source tree. Then use
subversion's svn command to generate a patch:

svn diff Tables/he.ttb > <MyFixes>.patch

If I got the filename wrong please fix it. <grin>

If all this manipulation exceeds your comfort level you could just send the
fixed tables and someone will generate the patch when they get around to it
but it would be much easier if you create the patch yourself.

Here are some step-by-step instructions that try to recreate what I do when
modifying the English grade 2 tables. They are my own practices and you
likely won't like some of them so do it your way:

cd /usr/src (or wherever you want your brltty to live)
svn co svn://mielke.cc/main/brltty
(This checks out the latest version of brltty into your present directory)
cd brltty
./autogen
./configure -q
make -s
make install
(this puts the files into /etc and makes sure you're executing them)
(Terminate your current brltty and execute the new one)
emacs /etc/brltty/he.ttb (or whichever table you want to fix; use your
favorite editor or somebody else's...)
(for each change, save the file and restart the newly installed brltty. Make
sure your change is correct)
(When done exit the editor)
cp /etc/brltty/<the table> Tables/
svn diff Tables/<the table> > MyPatches.patch

These instructions are off the top of my head and assuredly contain errors
but I think they're pretty close.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll