[BRLTTY] Building brltty in ppc64le architecture

sim at linux.vnet.ibm.com sim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 9 01:43:40 EDT 2014

Quoting Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc>:

> [quoted lines by sim at linux.vnet.ibm.com on 2014/05/08 at 07:42 -0400]
>
>> ./config.c: In function ?constructBrailleDriver?:
>> ./config.c:1060:71: error: ?KEY_TABLE_EXTENSION? undeclared (first
>> use in this function)
>
> This must mean that config.h isn't being included. The only way I
> can think of
> that would cause config.h not to be included is the configure script
> not having
> been run. Could you please describe the steps you took to try to
> build brltty?
>
> If you're building from a released tarball, then, before you do the make, you
> need to change to the top-level directory in brltty's source tree and run
> ./configure.

I am building from the release tarball only. I am using brltty-5.1
The steps I followed are:

autoreconf (or) autogen
./configure
make

And thus I got the error.

And now when I tried to do this without autoreconf, ie, manually
adding ppc64le
architecture in config.guess, It builds fine. So, I guess the autoconf
in autogen
and the autoreconf must have been modifying configure script in some
way. I have
been using autoconf version 2.69.

Thanks and Regards,
Narasimhan V