[BRLTTY] Delay problem with latest code

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Oct 10 05:47:51 EDT 2014

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> [Dave]
>
>> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2014/10/09 at 08:32 +0200]
>>
>> >This problem (look below) is still unsolved. I'd like to add that the problem does
>> >not occure with a Handy Tech Active Braille.
>>
>> On which device is it occurring?
>
> Handy Tech Braille Star 40.
>
>> What it sounds like is that the device is going to sleep, at least partially,
>> and that, when in that state, the first key press does no more than wake it up.
>
> That makes sence. However, with Active Braille on bluetooth, this
> doesn't happen at all. Another difference between these two devices
> is that the Braille Star 40 is more slugish, e.g. it respnds slower
> generally to key strokes on the display, compared to using Active Braille.
>
>> What I do know is that brltty doesn't miss key events just because a Bluetooth
>> connection has been idle for an extended period of time. I've left such
>> connections idle overnight, for example, without any problems.
>
> The display is not going into sleep state as it does when battery save
> mode is enabled. I should also add that this delay issue was not present in
> earlier versions of BRLTTY. unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly when it
> was introduced.

If you are very motivated, you could use "git bisect" to find the
revision that actually introduces the problem.  You basically pass it a
good and bad revision, and it will do binary search to find the actual
revision that introduced the problem.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'