[BRLTTY] how to get bluetooth to work for humanware brailliaant bi40

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Oct 11 14:46:06 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2014/10/10 at 10:34 -0400]

>I would like to use the humanware Brailliant bi40 with Bluetooth.
>However, the device does not show up in hcitools scan, although the
>iphone somehow picks it up.

If your iPhone can find it then it's discoverable (visible). Make sure that it
isn't already in use by some other host/device when you're running "hcitool
scan".

>Also, it uses a virtual serial port to connect to the screen reader, so how do
>I get this going?

Just use brltty the very same way you'd use it when connecting to any other
Bluetooth braille device. In other words, use the bluetooth:address form of the
-d (braille device) option.