[BRLTTY] PowerBraille2 with NVDA through bRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 14 19:06:54 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Mallard on 2014/10/14 at 23:46 +0200]

>I ahve a friend who is switching from Jaws 6 to nVDA (finally :) ).
>
>She has a PowerBraille2 display, and I suppose the only way to use it
>with NVDA is through BRLTTY.
>
>Not having Jaws installed on her computer, should she install Libusb
>as well?
>
>Sorry, but I have never been really sure about when you should or
>shouldn't install Libusb in Windows.
>She is running Windows xp, by the way.

No. The PowerBraille only supports serial I/O. She'll need to connect it either
to a real serial port or via a USB to serial adapter. If she goes the adapter
route then a virtual COM port will be created and she should use serial I/O to
that virtual COM port.