[BRLTTY] Support for HumanWare brailliant BI series

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Thu Oct 23 14:33:08 EDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 05:03:23PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> Additionally, I still seem to have issues initializing the B80 the
> first time I boot my Linux host.  It can take me a few minutes, and
> roughly 15 retries, until it finally works.  Reconnect also happens to
> fail most of the time, so I defined a keyboard key combination to invoke
> RESTARTBRL.  This works reliably after the frirst init of the device.
> But as mention, the first init can really take long to work.  If anyone
> has found any useful trick to make the B(I) more reliable on Linux,
> please let me know.  It is a rather cool piece of hardware otherwise, I
> really wish we(I) could finally nail this instability.
I haven't yet devoted a lot of time to this as the Brailliant I have is
a loan while I wait for my display to either be repaired or replaced.
What I have observed so far is that its USB ID seems to trigger the
cdc_acm module which then attempts to claim the device, creating a
conflict. Are you seeing something similar and did you try blacklisting
the cdc_acm module?
Cheers,
S.M.

--