[BRLTTY] Connection problem with Active Braille on BT

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Sat Apr 4 16:19:20 EDT 2015

Hi, Maria!

Thank you for your quick response. You wrote:

> Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:
>
> > I still have problem connecting a Handy Tech Active Braille through
> > bluetooth. After updating BRLTTY to 5.2 rev BRLTTY-5.2-481-gb08c90d3M,
> > I get lot of the following error in /var/log/messages:
> >
> > Apr  3 22:40:08 lapx brltty[2077]: hci_get_route error 19: No such
> > device.
> >
> > My Active Braille now has the latest firmware.
>
> I don't have any Active Braille ready for testing, need to check if I
> can borrow one, that might take a while though.  Meanwhile, one thing
> comes to mind: Are you sure the device is paired correctly?  Bluetooth 5
> needs to be configured differently from bluetooth 4.  The old "just edit
> the pincodes file" trick does no longer work.  What version of the
> bluetooth stack do you have installed?  I recently updated
> README.Bluetooth with information how to deal with Bluetooth 5.  If you
> have that installed, give the new documentation a read.

Ok. I followed your steps to connect with version 5. I was able to
pair. However, it still doesn't work, and no I have the following log
output:

Apr  4 21:16:39 lapx brltty[2047]: HandyTech Braille Driver: version 0.6
Apr  4 21:16:39 lapx bluetoothd[855]: Authentication attempt without agent
Apr  4 21:16:39 lapx bluetoothd[855]: Access denied: org.bluez.Error.Rejected
Apr  4 21:16:40 lapx brltty[2047]: missing braille message acknowledgement

Thanks and regards,
Lars