[BRLTTY] Contracted English Braille error and patch: Short

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 15 10:47:23 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

It turns out that "short" followed by anything beginning with "h", such as
shorthaired or shorthorn, uses the th sign. This is an error. As far as I
can see from my wordlist, h is the only letter that needs protection, so I
wrote the suggested rule to apply to the word "short" instead of "shorth".
The patch is attached.

By the way, a friend claims that what used to be called Contracted English
Braille is now supposed to be called EBAE Braille, to be contrasted with UEB
Braille. The book of rules is called English Braille American Edition, EBAE,
but is the braille code itself now called EBAE?

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll