[BRLTTY] hims braillesense doesn't work in brltty 6.2

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 30 01:07:23 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Miguel Ross on 2015/04/29 at 09:05 -0400]

>    I recently read a message that the hims braille sense doesn't
>work and i understand that you don't have no issue to resolve this.

Of course we'd like to resolve any problem.

>If that can help, when i use brltty 5.0 it work perfectly.  But when
>I upgrade to 5.2 it doesn't work but the thing that I find very
>strange is that hthe braillesense work on bluetoth on my android
>device with brltty 5.2 but never work in pure linux.

The Android code is later than 5.2. Are you able to build the latest
development code to see if you still have the problem?

Are you saying that, on Linux, it doesn't work with USB, with Bluetooth, or
with both?

If it doesn't work with the latest development code then we'd appreciate it if
you could post a debug log. Attaching a debug log to a message to this list is
fine. The way to get a debug log is to use the -L (uppercase) option to specify
the file where to write the log, and to use the -l (lowercase) option to enable
the relevant log categories. So, in other words, like this:

   -L/path/to/logfile -ldebug,inpkts.outpkts,brlkeys,usb

That, of course, is if you're using USB. If you're using Bluetooth then specify
bluetooth instead of usb.