[BRLTTY] -B parameters on boot cmdline

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Aug 18 18:15:48 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2015/08/18 at 14:28 +0200]

>Some drivers need a -B parameter to specify the actual protocol to be
>used (e.g. B protocol=clio). There doesn't seem to be a way to specify
>this from the boot cmdline.  I'm not sure how we'd like do this while
>keeping backward compatibility, i.e. something like:
>
>brltty=ttyUSB0,eu,fr
>
>brltty=ttyUSB0,eu,fr,protocol=clio
>
>but there is of course a conflict between the parameters separator of -B
>and the parameter separator of the boot cmdline...

I believe that those assignments also become environment variables. This means
that running brltty with -E [--environment-variables], and specifying
BRLTTY_BRAILLE_PARAMETERS= as a boot parameter, should work. Would that be
sufficient, or are we looking for an easy way for a user to specify it?