[BRLTTY] Windows libusb problem

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 26 20:55:17 EDT 2015

I too am confused. I install brltty into Cygwin (32 bit) by pulling the
latest source from Git and doing:

./autogen && ./configure -q --disable-java-bindings && make -s
rm -fr /etc/brltty && make -s uninstall && make -s install

All this is from Cygwin's prompt in the brltty top lever directory. Then I
opened the run dialog with Windows+R and typed:

install libusb-win32 filter

Windows said it couldn't find install.

Then in Cygwin and, again, in the brltty top lever directory, I typed:

Install LibUSB-Win32 Filter

(note that here I paid attention to case.) I got the response:

Install: Cannot stat 'LibUSB-Win32': No such file or directory

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll