[BRLTTY] [systemd] Depending on mount points Was: Re: Strange issue with brltty

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Aug 27 07:40:52 EDT 2015

Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Mario Lang (2015/08/27 11:04 +0200):
>> Perfect.  The question that remains is, if mounting /var to a separate
>> partition is common enough to make RequiresMountsFor=/var the default in
>> brltty.service, or, if making it the default would have any unwanted
>> side effects.  systemd makes it easy enough (as the example above
>> demonstrates) for a system administrator to override certain settings in
>> a unit.  So if everything else fails, we can still document this trick
>> somewhere.  However, I'd rather have the default brltty.service unit
>> DTRT whenever possible.  Question is, shall we list all directories
>> relevant to BRLTTY in RequiresMountsFor=?  Or just all the
>> top-level directories? Something like
>> RequiresMountsFor=/etc /lib /var
>
> I think it was also mentionned that the unit can depend on files rather
> than mount points.Could that perhaps solve the issue, at least in the
> case of the preferences file?

I think not.  To my reading, the .path unit files are for path based
activation, not for declaring dependencies on specific files.  IOW, the
idea of .path units is that you can define certain path names to be
watched
via inotify by systemd, and upon access, systemd will launch the
corresponding service.  That *could* be useful for the speech input FIFO
for instance, but we are really not looking for path based service
activation here.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕