[BRLTTY] Bug: Freedom Scientific driver broken in current git head for Focus Blue

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 31 10:11:32 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2015/08/30 at 22:10 +0300]

>I have tried hacking with brltty and I noticed that in the current git head
>version the Freedom Scientific driver is broken.
>
>Symptoms: BRLTTY no more recognizes the Gdf and Wheel key names on Focus Blue
>(referred to as small model in BRLTTY sources).
>
>Reason:
>In brltty/Drivers/Braille/FreedomScientific/braille.c on line 125 BRLTTY
>states that Focus Small models have Nav keys which are defined to have the
>same key codes as Wheel keys in the key tables in the same file (line 59).
>Changing the key configuration to refer to ...Selector instead of ...Gdf and
>...Nav instead of ...Wheel does not help - these names aren't recognized either.

You're either trying to use an older brltty with newer tables or a newer brltty
with older tables. A simple way to do a strict test of the build itself is to
use the run-brltty script in the top-level directory of the build. You can do
this without installing. The run-brltty script takes the same options that
brltty does - it just sets things up to use files within the build hierarchy.