[BRLTTY] 5.3 soon

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Dec 10 23:10:27 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2015/12/09 at 18:54 +0100]

>We still have the issue of systemd autostart of getty prevented by the
>presence of brltty.

Everyone, now I'm begging: :-) Yes, this is an important issue. While the final
bit of coding to implement it hasn't been done yet, the most important part
has. The Linux screen driver needed some serious work. It's probably been
somewhat foolish of me to have done this a week before the target date for
releasing 5.3, but it's done.

So why am I begging? I'd very much appreciate it if as many of you who use
Linux as possible could please build and use the latest development code so
that any problems that may have been inadvertently introduced into the Linux
screen driver will be found as soon as possible.