[BRLTTY] BrailleSense QWERTY

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Mon Dec 14 02:39:41 EST 2015

Hi Vincent,

I'm slightly out of topic, but can xou tell me whats your distro and
your release of brltty? Is your BrailleSense up-to-date? I ask because
on my Debian 8, BrailleSense is not recognized. brltty says the usb
descriptor is not present and, indeed, BrailleSense uses a gene!ic usb
driver and the vendor, ID, etc are blank. Have you experienced this?
What needs to be updated?

Thanks,

Regards,

Le 14/12/2015 07:35, Vincent LE GOFF a écrit :
> I really don't know, I have never seen a BrailleSense with a Braille
> keyboard.  But I think it's exactly the same device, so the navigation
> keys are probably the same.  I don't know if I mentioned that, but when
> pressing F1 on the display, the help message of BRLTTY for this driver
> is printed.  Quite surprisingly, though, half of the shortcuts are given
> as a Braille shortcut (like, press Space+dot1,dot2,dot3).  But not all
> of them.  So perhaps it's definitely a different driver for the
> BrailleSense with a Braille keyboard and the BrailleSense QWERTY... but
> the latter hasn't updated its help message.
>
> Vincent
>

> On 12/13/2015 9:37 PM, Dave Mielke wrote:
>> [quoted lines by Vincent LE GOFF on 2015/12/13 at 20:27 -0800]
>>
>>> I have a BrailleSense U2 QWERTY.
>> Other people who've had the same device - but with a braille keyboard
>> - haven't
>> commented on the four scroll keys not working. Do you know if only the
>> qwerty
>> one has those four keys?
>>
>>> Perhaps that's why it's interpreted as a Braille Edge.
>> No, it's being correctly seen as a Braille Sense. At first I thought
>> that the
>> keys might actually be working. That's why I asked if it might be
>> presenting
>> itself as a Braille Edge.
>>
>>> I do have the /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file, but I have trouble
>>> copying
>>> it.  When I use scp to do so (that's the way, don't know why I can't