[BRLTTY] BrailleSense QWERTY

Vincent LE GOFF vincent.legoff.srs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 22:26:37 EST 2015

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I installed the 5.3 verison this
morning and the navigation keys (although the mapping wasn't exactly the
one I use) worked.  I pulled the last commits just now and built BRLTTY
again.  (By the way, this time I had no error at all and the right
version of BRLTTY did launch after a reboot). Unfortunately, the
keyboard is no longer seen as a QWERTY keyboard. F1 triggers capital A.
F2 is capital B.  F3, F4 and F5 trigger capital C D and E.  The next F*
don't work.  The standard letters don't work at all.  The navigation
keys still do something but it wasn't the same as they used to do (the
backward key seemed to work, but perhaps it went forward, I can't be
sure).  Do you want me to log it more logically?  I can't try to display
the help message since F1 doesn't work as expected.  In the 5.3 version,
F1 still brought a message with combinations like Space+dot1,dot2,dot4.
Now I cannot be sure about the most recent version.

Sorry not to have anything more constructive on the issue right now, but
you can ask for more details, I'll be happy to give them.

Vincent