[BRLTTY] Possible OT: BRLTTY and Orca

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Dec 20 17:16:31 EST 2015

Vincent LE GOFF <vincent.legoff.srs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely.  When I move the system cursor using tab or the arrow keys, say,
> in a file, the Braille display is refreshed.  But I can't move around using
> the keys of the Braille device.

You should be able to use braille display keys to move the window at least to
some extent, e.g., left and right.

Orca uses brlapi to connect to the running BRLTTY process. It then interprets
certain BRLTTY commands that are generated by pressing keys on the braille
device. When last I looked, those commands are generic, e.g., to move the
window left/right or to the top/bottom, rather than specific to your braille
device.

My suggestion is to turn on logging in Orca and try to capture what it's
receiving from BRLTTY, if you think it is not working as it ought to be.