[BRLTTY] Problem with Brltty 5.2 and latex-access

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 26 00:44:25 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Alastair Irving on 2015/02/25 at 11:31 -0500]

>I tried updating to Brltty 5.2 from 5.1, but there seems to be a
>problem with the interface to the latex-access executable table.
>Specifically, Brltty works fine until I try and switch to contracted
>braille using latex-access at which point the Brltty process
>immediately dies.  I've tried setting the debug level to the highest
>but there are no error messages given before the crash.

Can you set "ulimit -c unlimited" before running brltty (must be done from the
same shell), and then, using gdb, the executable, and the core file, get a
backtrace of where the crash is occurring?

>I was wondering if the developers have any idea which change between
>5.1 and 5.2 might be causing the problem?

No, I don't. Are you able to build the latest development code to see if the
problem is still occurring?

I found a copy of latex-access on my system, but haven't yet figured out how to
get Python to see it. If I can figure that out, then I'll try to do some direct
testing.