[BRLTTY] Using HumanWare's Braillant with brltty

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jan 5 16:19:25 EST 2015

Dear all,

I'm trying to make my new Braillant BI 4 work with bltty, with no
success so ar.
The device seems detected (its serial number as shown y bltty
corresponds to the one shown by the device's firmware), but the
manufacturer is saidto be "FREESCALE SEMI".

The main problem is that I can't get anything displayed in braille. I
think brltty detected the device once (I could hear the beeps), but
nothing appeared in braille and the device was never detected again.

On the device's display I can switch from HumanWare Braillant BI 40 to
Battery Level, Channel, change configuration, etc. Is tere something
special that needs to be done from there to ge the PC connected to the
PC? I's configured into USB already.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Shérab.