[BRLTTY] strange bluetooth problem

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Sat Jan 31 06:11:34 EST 2015

Some bluetooth adapters are quite directional, and some are quite effected
by being blocked by things. Others are much better. I would really suggest,
trying to get an extension USB cable and putting the bluetooth adapter in
the front of the computer. While bluetooth is rated at several meters that's
in a straight line through dry cool air.

As an example, I have a bluetooth adapter which, when it is attached to my
raspberry pi and placed in the front pocket of my sweatshirt, will not
maintain a connection with a keyboard placed on my lap. If I take it out of
my pocket it is fine, even at a distance.

On the other hand, my girlfriends tablet will connect to the same keyboard
at a distance of 10 meters, through a closed door.

Tim