[BRLTTY] strange bluetooth problem

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jan 31 10:30:49 EST 2015

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2015/01/31 at 06:18 -0500]

Hi:

>so which Bluetooth adaptors do people recomend,

It may well be the adapter in the device. If your computer has USB ports on its
front, I think the best approach would be to try moving your adapter to one of
them in order to prevent the electronics within the computer from shielding the
signal.

>Anyway of telling what the signal strength is?

hcitool rssi bluetooth-address

I'm seeing values like -6, so I'm guessing it's in dbm and that 0 means a full
strength signal. If you're curious, rssi seems to stand for received signal
strength indicator.