[BRLTTY] BRLTTY shows UTC time

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu May 14 13:46:30 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by S. Massy on 2015/05/14 at 12:21 -0400]

>Today, I switched status display on and noticed the time now displays
>UTC rather than local time. I'm currently using the Debian package of
>BRLTTY (5.2~20141018) and I'm fairly certain this was not the standard
>behaviour in 5.1. Is this intentional?

Brltty does display local time. It's definition of what local time is does, of
course, depend on the system's configuration at the time brltty is started. If,
for example, it's started very early in the boot sequence - like earlier than
the local time zone is configured - then it may display UTC.