[BRLTTY] the letter "o" not registering when typed from other keyboards on powerpc mac mini running debian jessie

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Sun May 31 19:08:26 EDT 2015

Here is my brltty.log which I hope will show this problem and its solution. As long as i type the letter "o" on my braille edge with brltty on, the letter is registered. If I do it with any other keyboard while brltty is running, the letter is not registered. This happens whether the key is o or capital o and so far I have found no others that do this.

This was done with the debian package of brltty and there may be some anomalies at the beginning of the log because of the way I stopped and restarted it. But the problem is the same with the letter "o" when brltty starts on boot. I did notice that when i stopped and restarted it the cursor was not automatically showing and this is why I warn that some anomalies may be noted.

Once brltty was started, I followed the procedure as follows from another keyboard - in this case bluetooth but the same happens from a usb keyboard:

aobocodoeofogohoiojokolomonop
What showed on the display and apparently was read by the computer was:

abcdefghijklmnp

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks - attachment below signature.

--
Cheryl

"Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24 (HCSB)